I've been tagged by two people for the Liebster Award - 2 B Read and Breath of Books. So I'll give the 11 facts about me, answer both their 11 questions and then tag and ask new questions to 11 wonderful bloggers.
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Tag 11 other bloggers that have 200 followers
- Tell these bloggers that you tagged them
11 Facts about me:
- I’m a Hufflepuff and proud! Even though we just came last in the house cup…
- I’m a nerdfighter! DFTBA
- My favourite night of the week is weirdly Monday because The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is uploaded and me and my family have this tradition where we eat Tacos whilst watching Once Upon a Time (It’s awesome)
- Currently my favourite album is Blown Away by Carrie Underwood. I went and saw her perform for my sister’s birthday last month and it was awesome and ever since then it’s all I’ve been listening to.
- My favourite words are – Hurricane, Absolution and Fervently and I hate the word nonchalant with a passion.
- I’ve only ever wanted two future jobs – A farmer (when I was 5) and then a Teacher from 6 till today.
- I have a weird obsession with
dedications (and acknowledgements) and so often judge a book by them. This
was started by the East of Eden's (which is one of my favourite books) dedication which I love so much: Dear Pat,You came upon me carving some kind of little figure out of wood and you said, “Why don’t you make something for me?”
I asked you what you wanted, and you said, “A box.”
“To put things in.”
“What kind of things?”
“Whatever you have,” you said.
Well, here’s your box. Nearly everything I have is in it, and it is not full. Pain and excitement are in it, and feeling good or bad and evil thoughts and good thoughts- the pleasure of design and some despair and the indescribable joy of creation.
And on top of these are all the gratitude and love I have for you.
And still the box is not full.John.
- I’m also obsessed with quotes which is why every week on Tuesday I have my quote of the week. Also when reading a book I always write down the quotes I like on the paper I use as a bookmark.
- In February this year, I had an appendicular abscess. I had to have my appendix removed and spent 11 days in hospital
- I have two older sisters, Rachael and Melissa, who are my best friends.
- Whenever I'm asked what is my special talent I always say that I can say that alphabet backwards. Some talent I know.
Questions for 2 B Read:
1. What do you love most about blogging?
I love being able to recommend books that I’ve loved to other people so that they can enjoy them too; I also love the blogging community, talking with a bunch of bookworms is the best thing ever :)
2. What is your favorite book cover?
Currently it is probably The Fault in Our Stars, I love the simplicity of it and the colour- it’s just beautiful.
3. Dust jacket or no?
The one time I took off a dust jacket of a book I lost it! And still haven’t found it, so I keep them on; also I think the book looks nicer.
4. Who's your favorite author?
It’s probably joint with John Green and John Steinbeck – I love my Johns.
5. What's a song you find goes perfectly with a book? Which book?
I’m terrible at associating songs with books, I don’t really do it very often. This is kind of cheating because it is written about the book but I love this original song about The Fault in Our Stars by kaysyconundrum on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaIU0zoe9YE
6. texting/talking/or video chatting?
Talking because I’m terrible at texting and don’t video chat.
7. Do you pre-plan your blog posts?
I get an idea of what I want but I don’t have post ready in advance, posts are normally thought of a couple of days before they are posted and then created the day of or before.
8. Favorite color and why?
My favourite colour is blue (you may be able to tell from my blog!) I don’t know why, it just always has been.
9. Do you except ARC's? If so what's your favorite thing about that? ie. reading/reviewing/receiving
I do not receive ARCs, that’s still one aspect of blogging I’m unsure of.
10. Do you have a Goodreads account? If so what is the best thing about that program in your eyes?
Yes! I love Goodreads, it’s one of my most visited sites. I love being able to keep track of all the books I’ve read or what to read.
11. What's your favorite number? Does it have anything to do with a book?
I don’t really have a favourite number… If I had to say it would probably be 21 just because it’s my birth date.
Questions for Breath of Books:
1. What is your favorite thing about book blogging?
As I said before I love the community, I love how it is one place where I can be proud to be a book nerd and it been seen as something cool or awesome instead of boring.
2. What book are you currently reading?
I’m currently reading Enthralled which is an anthology and thinking of starting Legend by Marie Lu
3. What are five books you want to read this summer?
I have to read some books for English during the summer so I’ll read Fahrenheit 451, 1984, The Grapes of Wrath but for fun I really want to read Partials by Dan Wells and The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa - I've been meaning to get around to them for a while
4. How long have you been blogging?
I created my blog on 29th December 2011 but didn’t really get into blogging until the start of March 2012
5. Do you participate in any memes? If so, which ones?
My favourite meme is Blogspiration, which is hosted by GrowingUp YA and Saz101 - It's fun and I love doing it! If you haven't done it, you should! I’ve just recently started participating in Stacking the Shelves and I sometimes participate in Waiting on Wednesday.
6. Who is your favorite author?
As I said before it’s a tie between John Steinbeck and John Green
7. Do you prefer series or stand – alone books?
This depends, I love series but I don’t like them if they are very long. I really like trilogies - I know they've been a big trend lately, but I do love stand alones. I'm probably going to say stand alones because the majority of my favourite books are.
8. Do you have a Goodreads account?
Yes, I love using it! You should totally add me
9. Have you gotten any ARCs since you’ve started blogging?
I have not.
10. Do you like to write as well, or do you only like to read?
I write occasionally and I did successfully complete NaNoWriMo last year and I’m going to attempt it this year but it’s not something I love; I prefer reading out of the two.
I TAG ALL OF YOU! (With love)
Questions for those I’ve tagged
- If you could be a character for one scene in any book what would it be and why?
- You can invite any 5 characters to a party, who would you choose and why? Also, what kind of party?
- Do you judge books by their covers? If you have, what is one that surprised you and what was one that didn’t live up to its beautiful cover?
- What are your thoughts on Love Triangles?
- What is your favourite current trend in YA?
- What is the saddest scene you have ever read?
- What has been your favourite book of 2012 so far?
- What is one of your favourite blog posts that you’ve done (So I can go have a look!)
- How long have you been blogging? What has been the most rewarding thing and the most challenging thing about it?
- How would you describe your blogging style?
- What is your favourite thing about the book blogging community?
If I've tagged you I'd love if you linked me back to your posts once you do them!